Coventry TransportationCoventry Transportation
The Weather Network
May. 8, 2021 | Saturday
Local News
Exploring Photos with the NOTL Museum: Gordon Walker
Exploring photos with the Niagara-on-the-Lake Museum.

Here is Gordon Walker, playing with his bow and arrow on Platoff Street in the Heritage District, circa 1950. The garage to the left can still be seen today. The barn on the right is where the Prince of Wales Royal Cambridge hall and parking lot are now located. This barn is the former Campbell stables but was also the former home of the Union Jack Canning Company and Campbell’s Canning Company. These canning operations were two of several located in Niagara-on-the-Lake. No surprise there as we have some of the best fruit around! The barn was torn down in the 1970s and the current building was built as a community centre.

f4033d7793009a4053c4497d8eccc3d53dc2dca8:9ae474a5238dafdd25203fbf21da363fcfcea95a